e diel, 19 tetor 2008

Update from the Granbury Rowells

Hey, everyone! I know it has been awhile since I blogged, so I thought I would update everyone on what is going on here in Granbury.

First, let me share some pictures from my birthday celebration on September 21 at Ken & Elizabeth's house in Mansfield:


Above: Katie, Ken & Dad chatting in the living room.
Mom & Elizabeth, who were not sure about getting their picture taken, and may kill me for blogging it :) But what the hay, you only live once! *grin*

Since the only kids I have are furry ones, I thought I would upload a few cute picts I took:

Above, Lemur and Andy took a bit of a catnap on the clothes I had just pulled from the dryer. And below, Millie and Perky in the office window - is it any wonder I cannot grow anything in that pot? :)


I have recently started fostering for the Hood County Animal Shelter. I have a family of cats (Mama and two kittens) living in my guest room. They were rescued from a possum attack and only two of the kittens survived. I will be fostering them until the kittens are weaned (3 more weeks) and will then return them to the shelter (or other rescue organization) for adoption. Since I am going out of town for the Thanksgiving holidays, I won't get a new foster family until after I get back.

I am trying to get involved with some of the Parker County rescue organizations so that I can foster animals that can go to the new PetSmart every weekend for adoption. Currently, once the Hoood County shelter only has adoption events once a month. I am hoping that if I can get involved with one of the Parker County rescue organizations, I can foster cats from Hood County, but take them to the Parker County weekly events as well as the Hood County monthly events. The idea being that the more they are seen in public, the better chance the animals have at being adopted. Anyway, I thought you might want to see my very first foster family. I call them Little Mama, Noisykitty, and QuietOne (not names, but descriptions really, I cannot and will not name them for obvious reasons).


Well, I guess I better sign off, I still have to finish my expense reports for work, and laundry waits for no woman!

With all my love,

Ellen

Nuk ka komente: